CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 15, 2008

A new day...a new hope...

Wow...I love God! I love that He knows me inside and out and He knows when enough is enough. Just when I thought I was at my max and couldn't take anymore, He relieves the pressure. I love that when I'm totally exhausting and at my end, I can wake up the next morning with a new day and a new hope. He truly is the Bread of Life. I cannot live without Him and He truly is my strength each and every day. This song came to my mind the other day and I truly don't remember the last time I sang or heard it. Cleary, it was a song from the Spirit at a time when I just needed to express my worship to the Lord:

My life is in you Lord,
My strength is in you Lord,
My hope is in you Lord,
in You, it's in You

I've been keeping a list of the names of God here and there as I learn about them and come across them. It's amazing to me how certain names speak louder at certain times in my life. As mentioned above, I feel like the name, "Bread of Life" speaks louder to me right now than any other time in my life. I feel like I know and understand a side of God I never had before. For so long, I just didn't quite understand what it meant for Jesus to be the sustainer and literally the "bread of life". I think I'm experiencing that now and know what it means to hunger for Him and be sustained by His presence.

Just curious, are there any names of God that you've learned about recently?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Comforter": Even when I feel alone, I am never actually alone. Sometimes I forget that.
Miss you friend! Hugs,
~ Danielle

Anonymous said...

Tell more about why Bread of Life is meaningful to you right now. I love the name Prince of Peace because, like you, I struggle with feeling at peace and trusting God with my life.

Nicole Svendsen said...

the love the hebrew name from Gen. 16:13 EL ROI meaning "the God who sees..."

Anonymous said...

I was struck the other day by the NT reference to Jesus as the "man of sorrows." Made me realize that He knew what was wrong with all of us could only be remedied by His death. Not only that, but nobody, not even His disciples for a long time, even recognized Him. I think of Him off in the hills alone and of how lonely He must have felt, how isolated and sad.