CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Writer's block breakthrough

Writer’s block breakthrough

I have had the worst writer's block lately. I've thought and thought and thought about what to write on my blog, serious or silly. And every time I thought about it, nothing. I just couldn't get on my blog and blab on an on unless something was really "upon my soul".

It's funny how I come about this whole process. Most of the time something will just hit me and I know I have to immediately sit down and blog. I'm actually at work and risking writing this blog right now which means this will probably be a short one. Or it will take me all day to write this!

I’ve been having one of those weird mornings. I got up, spent time with the Lord, got ready for work, and already felt my mind drifting away from the subjects I had studied in the Word. I’m frustrated by this because I want my heart to be genuinely submitted before the Lord. I was learning about keeping my eyes upward and casting my gaze on the Lord. I want this so much but then I find I’m totally distracted only moments later. It only makes me wonder where my heart truly is.

I got to work, someone had rock music on in the background, it’s about 75 degrees outside, and this is definitely not where I feel like being right now. I don’t even feel like a Starbucks. What’s wrong with me??? How do I go about my work, stay focused, give it my all, all the while, keeping my eyes on the Lord? I’m really struggling with how to keep my heart in the right place all the while working on curriculum.

Well, finally, in an attempt to try something different, I grabbed my headphones and ipod out of my purse. With all the choices to choose from, it was clear what I needed. My brother and sister-in-law just got me onto this new group called Telecast (maybe their not new at all…just new to me). Let me tell you, their music has the ability to put your heart in the right place! I truly felt transformed. As I began working on all my curriculum projects I had this music ringing in my ears. My heart was suddenly transformed. I feel energized, worshipful, positive, and I feel like I suddenly have a clear mind. Why is it so difficult for me to realize that when I have a crummy day or when I roll out of bed and just feel blah, the answer is Jesus…yes…the typical Sunday school answer. But it’s TRUE!!!

I suddenly began tapping my feet and found it difficult to keep quiet to those around me who had no idea what I was listening to. I just wanted to start singing along when I realized I’m not all by myself here in the office. Being quiet, though, and allowing the songs to infiltrate my mind, I am singing on the inside!

Focusing my heart and mind on Him, keeping my gaze upward, filling my mind and heart with worshipful music truly transforms my HEART, SOUL, MIND, and STRENGTH and I find I am loving Him more, even as I sit here and work.

Psalm 98:4: Shout joyfully to the LORD, all the earth; Break forth and sing for joy and sing praises.

If your day is anything like mine: full of distraction, full of frustration, full of people, full of work…go ahead…put on some music…sing. It really does change the heart!

Oh Lord I come
Come before your throne
Just as I’m known, I long to know you
More and more
I hear your knock oh Lord
I’ll open this door just to be by you

If I want love I’ll come to the cross
If I want life I’ll count this life loss
Anchor my soul, don’t let me drift away

If I want peace I’ll come to the King
If I want release then you’ll have to be the
Anchor of my soul, don’t let me drift away

Jesus I will stay with you
I will stay


It's good to be back!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What song is this? What band? :D

marci said...

This is a song called "Anchor of my Soul" by the band Telecast. Their whole album entitled "Quiet Revolution" is good but I particularly enjoy this song!

Anonymous said...

К слову сказать, лучший способ обезопасить кого-нибудь от назойливых телефонных звонков - применить Подавитель мобильных