CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 10, 2008

ah...how times have changed...

Well, two very serious posts...it's time for something on the lighter side...I'll never forget what it was like being a newlywed. In some ways, I guess we still are. We will be celebrating 4 years this coming July. But I remember what it was like to have all of our new gifts and gadgets. I set the table every night before bed for breakfast the next morning. I was just enthralled in our new dishes. I guess that's just because I'm fanatical about cooking and kitchen stuff! I remember making apple pie, Nutella crepes, and pizookie on a REGULAR basis. I'll never forget the first or second Christmas at home when David's grandfather, Ponnie said, "Wow Marci, you really are feeding him well." My response, "Yeah, I think so." Well, cleary it was beginning to show...

BEFORE:


We've been losing weight for awhile now and almost to our goals. But I was looking through iphoto and found the picture above and I lost it! I was cracking up! Ponnie was right! I was definitely feeding us and clearly "chubbing" us up pretty well! David was on a business trip and I sent this to him as an encouragement of how far we've come. Being a sweetheart and true husband he said, "Well, Marci, I definitely see the difference in you but I'm not sure about me." YEAH RIGHT!!! He has lost so much weight but I appreciate the affirmation! I'm amazed how we didn't really notice it until we started losing weight. The pic above is from Christmas 2005 and I'm glad to see we've settled into married life more and gotten back to eating healthy!

David and I just recently joined a gym and we are having so much fun with it. It's ended up being a really fun way to spend time together and I think we both have found our own routines to become a personal hobby. David is training for his first 10K and it's exciting to see him come to enjoy something so much.

We bought a Magic Bullet last weekend and for those of you who haven't used one, let me just say, YES, it's as fast as a bullet! Only 1 minute of blending, and "taddah" you have a delicious, perfectly blended smoothie! We have really enjoyed making them and have even started adding tofu to our smoothies. YUM!!!

Below is the most recent pic I have from March. Clearly, I need to be better about taking pics!

AFTER:
Hopefully, I will have some pics of his 10K in a couple of weeks. I've run with him a couple of times in hopes that one day I can maybe, possibly, conceivably, do a Turkey Trot (5K). I'm pretty impressed that he's going right for the 10K.

Ok...I have to stop procrastinating now and go do my workout :0)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

MARCI PATRICIA WOLLEN!! Look at the difference in your face?!?! And Dave is becoming quite the skinny minnie himself. You guys are doing awesome!!

Unknown said...

You guys look so fabulous! Nice work (and it IS work)!