CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

It's all in the name...

Welcome! This is a very new venture for me and I'm very new to the blogging world. I'm excited to have a place to just put my thoughts out there. I have been longing for a place that would provide edifying, encouraging, fun, loving conversation woman to woman. Interestingly enough, God placed it on my heart to not just sit around and wait for these kinds of conversations but to start them myself. The last couple of years have been some of the toughest, yet most rewarding times in my life (more on this later). I have so much that I would love to share in hopes that there may be someone out there who needs encouragement, who is struggling right along side me, or who has been through a rough patch and can encourage me! I welcome your comments and would love for this to be more of a forum for provoking thoughts, laughter, tears, questions, encouragement, and edification!

I was always hesitant to start my own blog as I felt I didn't have children to dote on yet. But God clearly was speaking to my heart yesterday saying, "why not just have a place you can journal and share your thoughts?" So, here is my attempt at that. This is me at some of my most vulnerable places and commentary on what life brings along and what God is teaching me.

Now to comment on the name of my blog. My precious husband and I sat down with a host of names and ideas for this blog and what it should be called. I will not bore you with some of them but I will tell you we got a good laugh out of the experience. Then, through some research online I happened upon an old phrase, "upon my soul." It is a phrase used as an exclamation of surprise. That pretty much sums up what I thought when God prompted me to start this blog. But, as I pondered this phrase last night, it began growing on me and I realized it was perfect for what I wanted this blog to be about. It's about what is upon my soul...the deepest thoughts in my heart. I hope you enjoy. I am humbled by the idea that anyone would even be interested in reading this blog and I recognize I may be all alone here. But if you are happening upon this blog, I hope you are edified!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

We have shared so much, laughter and tears, and I am so excited that you've found this forum. You have been SO encouraging to me over the past few year, so I know you will have wonderful things to share!

You've been bookmarked and I'll be checking back daily! :)

Unknown said...

well, allow me the pleasure to be the first to comment on your blog! I am soooo thrilled! what an awesome idea!
i love you so, dear sister-in-law, and can't wait to see how god uses this for his glory. and how sweet of dave to help you with names. :) i definitely like what you came up with! all my love!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! Excited to read more . . . and what a great name! Love you, sis!

Nicole Svendsen said...

How fun!! I can't wait to read what God prompts you to share:) I'll be waiting...

stacy arnold said...

YEA!! I am excited to chat with you via blogging. I'll keep checking to hear all the great things you have going on in life and in your mind. You have such a sweet spirit and I am excited to read about it:)

Anonymous said...

I was so excited and interested to read about your new "blogging" experience. I am excited to read what you have to share. You are a courageous, authentic and awesome woman! Love you and miss you!!

Anonymous said...

Marci! Great beginnings hold such promise! thankyou for being sensitive to the Holy Spirit...it will be exciting to see how he uses this latest endeavor. I love and admire you, sweet daughter! Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to hear what you have to say and stay more in touch. You are a dear friend.