CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Am I already getting old?

Yes, I know....two posts in one day. But I HAD to share a story. So, if you've read the post below, you know that I've been working for a tutoring company. Half of my job is to manage an after-school tutoring program at a local elementary school. I have about 9 tutors and 45 kids. They referred to me as the "tutoring principal" as I am the final say on discipline...ok...stop laughing. :0)

I got to know the kids really well. I would joke around with them here and there but this conversation made me feel old...or dumb:

Set-up: It was after the program and we were all waiting in front of the school for the students to be picked up. There was one student left:

Marci: "Hey man, what's up?"

Student: "what?"

Marci: "How's it hangin'?"

Student: blank stares, "huh?"

Marci: "What's the haps bro?"

Student: no response...more blank stares

Marci: "Just chillin' like a villain?"

Student: "I don't get you"

Ok...am I old? Clearly I am using slang that works in my generation. He doesn't get me??? HELP!!! I guess I need to brush up on the latest phrases. Scary! But it still makes me laugh! I guess I'm not cool!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am cracking up right now . . . is that REALLY exactly how the conversation went??? TOO funny! Yes, you are getting old! :)

marci said...

Yes, that's EXACTLY how the conversation went. And he was only in 2nd grade! Really? I'm old?